Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Rainbow of colors

So, Greg's new thing when he calls or texts is to ask me if I'm blue. Because, naturally, unmedicated, I do occasionally suffer from The Blue. And The Red (The Rage). And The Yellow (The Happy). And so on.

Well, two days ago was a pretty insane day for me. Lots of blue that day. I had painful gut cramps that had me sweating from the pain. My beloved backyard gazebo blew across the yard, legs twisted and bent like a dead spider. I jumped a curb at Dunkin Donuts, and though there was no damage to the van (thank goodness--Yellow!!), it shook me up. So, two days ago was definitely a blue day.

So yesterday when Greg called from work to check on me, he asked my color. I thought about it a minute and determined it was not a blue day. I was not sure what kind of day it was, but definitely not blue. So I told him I'm having a rainbow day. All sorts of colors. Which, I added, is a good thing. Unless it is happening in rapid succession. Which sometimes does happen. And if that happens, he'd better run. Yellow is a great day. Blue not so much. And Red is terrifying. But YELLOW BLUE RED YELLOW BLUE RED. Run, Gregory, RUN!!

2 comments:

  1. you are so creative. i kind of love that title" rainbow" day because i hardly have myself a straight up "Yellow Day" ..... i think most days are rainbow days. Happy Rainbow day !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Rainbow Day to you! The upside to all this is that while I was on Zoloft I had mostly hazy monochrome days. So, I'll take colorful! :)

    ReplyDelete