Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Rage

Oh oh. Here it comes. The return of The Rage. So, today Duke, our beloved clumsy giant dog, accidentally knocked over Hunter. Hunter flopped backward and hit his head on the TV stand. Yes, it is always horrifying when your child hits his head. So some reaction is expected.

But today, I saw a reemergence of The Rage. The Rage has been hidden for over a decade by Zoloft. Mind you, The Rage is never violent toward living things. Toward BLT sandwiches, maybe, or walls, or pans. The Rage is mostly just very vocal. So that's a plus. So when my baby boy (ok, he's 7) hit his head, The Rage came storming out of the kitchen looking for someone to blame. I hate The frickin Rage. She has no mind. She's just blindly angry. She's pure panic mode. And thus, Duke became the focus of my vocal wrath as The Rage screamed him out the back door. "JUST GO! GO OUTSIDE!! JUST GO!!" Poor dog.

Hunter was fine, and, it turns out, was really just playing up the injury. It scared him mostly. It turns out he hit his head on the glass part of the cabinet (not as bad as it sounds, as it didn't break or anything.) It just made a huge bang, which scared the death out of me, and brought out The Rage. Which I'm sure also contributed to Hunter's playing up the injury, since in his 7-year-old mind, he was really looking for justice against the offending dog.

I hate The Rage. But now that she's back, I can be mentally prepared next time. So it's not so bad. Hello The Rage. Nice to see you again. Or not so nice. But. I'm in control, not you. And now that I know you are back, I will not be letting you in again.

Hunter's fine after some love and kisses. And Duke's fine now, after a great big Mommy apology and many doggy hugs and kisses.

3 comments:

  1. Anyone know where I can get some Zoloft for cheap?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It ain't the cost of the pill that's expensive, thought it ain't cheap. It is the cost of getting it prescribed, and finding someone to prescribe it over, and over, and over again. See, they only prescribe it in limited numbers of refills. So when your prescription refills run out, you have to go back to the doctor and get it renewed. And, since it is for psychological things, some doctors will not prescribe it at all until you've jumped through THEIR hoops to establish you need it. I could certainly pull my records from base, but we can't afford to go to a doctor and pay for the prescription out of pocket, over and over and over again. Plus, I'd have to find a new primary care physician, since all of mine were base doctors. There's a clinic in Burlington, but I'm so tired of worrying about my dwindling supply that I don't want to drug up on Zoloft again only to worry about the next supply. I'd rather be off it. You can't just stop it. You have to wean yourself over time. And that being the case, you have to have a reliable supply. Not one that might stop suddenly.

    ReplyDelete