Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Life, Unmedicated

So, for the past decade I have been taking Zoloft to manage anxiety and depression. Prior to Zoloft, I had temper issues, anxiety, depression, paranoia, social phobia, hysteria, you name it. But prior to Zoloft I also had a much deeper emotional attachment to the world as well as a creative streak. I could write. I could draw. I could be inspired. And then my muse left me. She apparently didn't like Zoloft.

Well, when my husband left the military, we lost our medical insurance. So, for the past year I have been slowly weaning myself off of my addiction to Zoloft using the remaining supply I got just before we lost insurance. Well, a year later, I am almost out. I am down to half a 100mg tab every other day, and will soon be down to a half every few days, and then none.

This blog is a record of my state of mind as I slowly adjust to an unmedicated life. It's not a cry for help. I actually *want* to be unmedicated and find other ways to deal with my plethora of issues. Indeed, this blog will be one source of alternative therapy. If I keep up with it. Which depends on whether my muse returns. We'll see.

2 comments: